These are incredibly delicious – I was a little skeptical because the recipe is so easy, but I was pleasantly surprised!!! I’ll be making these again, for sure 🙂
1 cup sugar 2 cups flour
Butter the size of an egg 2 tsp baking powder
1 cup milk
Put in 2 pie pans. Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes. Take out of oven and spread with butter and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
- This recipe is in Mary’s Family Favorites and was submitted by Uncle Jerry and Ida Miller.
- Ok, clearly, the recipe is lacking some information. For instance, “Butter the size of an egg”. HUH??!! LOL! I estimated 3 tablespoons and that seemed to work!
- I mixed the sugar and softened butter first. Once that was creamed together, I added the milk. Then I added the flour and baking powder. The mixture was a little sticky, but I placed them into 2 pie pans (greased).
- I had to bake mine for 30-35 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Once I pulled them out of the oven, I totally forgot to spread butter on top, and I just sprinkled sugar and cinnamon on top of both the pies – still delicious!
- On one of the pies, I also put a maple glaze – oh.my.goodness…..Both pies were good, but I liked the ooey-gooey SWEETNESS of the glaze on top. 🙂 I have a huge sweet tooth right now! I’ve listed the maple glaze below.
1/4 cup softened butter
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
Milk to create a thick consistency (you can always add powdered sugar if you want it thinner)
Maple flavoring (I didn’t measure mine, I just put about 1 tsp in, roughly, and liked the taste)
And, of course, I have to show you what they look like with a bite taken out. 😉