1 c. powdered sugar 2 eggs
1 c. white sugar 1 tsp. salt
1 c. butter 2 tsp. vanilla
1 c. vegetable oil 1 T baking soda
5 c. flour 1 tsp. cream of tartar
Mix and roll into balls. Press down with a glass dipped in sugar. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes on ungreased cookie sheet. Frost.
- Mandy’s Hints: The above recipe is written just as it appears in the book.
- I don’t know about you, but I prefer to not use vegetable oil in my cookies, so I just used 2 cups butter instead.
- It took right around 12-13 minutes to bake, for me – I think 15 would’ve burned the bottoms.
- I did several variations – I did the cutouts and I also made balls (like they state) and rolled them in sprinkles (see picture), or, for some super yummy ones, I added some crushed Butterfinger into the completed batter and scooped out like a normal cookie. DELICIOUS!
- The variations are endless with this recipe! You could add some cranberries, raisins, nuts, different flavorings, etc. You name it, you can do it!
*This recipe came from the Mary’s Family Favorites (Recipes from the Weaver & Miller Families) cookbook. This particular recipe was submitted by Uncle Crist and Fanny Weaver. 🙂
1 tbsp butter 1/4 cup milk
Cream together. Add powdered sugar until desired consistency.
*This is my mom’s icing recipe* 🙂