Making life work – no matter how busy


What a whirlwind the last week has been! I am still not legally allowed to tell you my new business venture (it is direct sales, but I can’t tell you which one.. I will say it involves cookware and bake-ware. What else would I sell? ;)), per headquarters.. I can tell you on my blog’s Facebook page, just not on my actual blog. No, I don’t understand it, either. But oh well. 🙂

So why was I so busy? Well, on top of all my other entrepreneurial escapades, my new business kicked off in full swing last week. I had two Facebook parties (Tuesday and Thursday) and one cooking show (on Saturday – have you figured out what I sell yet? ;)). The cooking show was hosted by my amazing mom and what a turnout! The place was packed and mostly family, so I was able to relax a tad. But I was still trying my best to remember everything. I think it went extremely well! Overall, the parties were a huge success. I exceeded my goal, in one week, for what was needed in an entire month. 🙂 Now to keep that up! I’m praying this will take the place of all the other little side jobs (aka – work I do every morning and nap time that amounts to pennies!).

However, I did wake up Sunday completely exhausted. I slept in (read: 6:48 am) for the first time in at least 4 months. No joke. 7 days a week for at least the last 4 months, I’ve been up between 5-5:30 am. Sunday, my husband convinced me to stay in bed until our son woke us up.

We were in PA for the cooking show, so we still had the drive home to make. We left my parent’s place around 1 pm and were home around 4:30 pm. I was physically and mentally exhausted! My husband was amazing the whole weekend and took care of Z for me and was just over all, very supportive. I can’t even imagine how exhausted I would have been, had he not been so supportive!

Today I was right back to the same old routine – up early, working on my side jobs. Z slept until 7 am (YEA!) and then our day together started. 🙂 My husband went to work and Z and I enjoyed some one-on-one together before J arrived. During nap time I did some more work and tried to get ahead of the game a little. I feel like I’m really getting the hang of my newest job. I am organized and gaining as much information as I can. I have more parties set up and look forward to where this will go.

Either it’ll take off or it’ll phase out – either way, I trust the Lord to lead me and show me which way to go! 🙂

A HUGE thank you to you all for sticking with me as I haven’t been posting as often. I have been stretching myself a little thin the last few weeks as I learn the ropes with my new business, but I’m able to breathe a little easier now. I feel like I have PLENTY more to learn, but don’t feel like I have to do “catch up”, if that makes sense? Like, I have learned what I need in order to be successful – everything I continue to learn will help me grow the business even more.

So now I can, hopefully, get a new system and routine in place – prayerfully one that includes some “me time”. I miss my “me time”! 🙂

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *