Here is my floor cleaner – it’s also a very simple solution and the ingredients are normally in every household.
2 cups water
2 cups vinegar
1 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup dish soap
There are several things I do to make this super easy on myself;
- First off, I use two old Swiffer Wet Jet bottles. I scoured Pinterest (yes, even us folks who grew up surrounded by the Amish browse Pinterest! ;)) to discover how to open the bottles – you can use channel locks to open them. I had to hold both of mine over a steaming tea kettle to help loosen them first, but they did open!
- I write the “recipe” on the bottle itself so that I don’t have to search for it every time a refill is needed. I’m all about making my life as easy as possible! 🙂
- I add the ingredients in a large bowl, since I do two batches at once. Once I’ve mixed them, I then use a funnel to pour the solution into the bottles from the bowl.
- I was using the Swiffer Wet Jet pads, but that was a tad expensive for me, so my husband and I did some research and have switched to the Reveal Mop (it has a reusable cloth mop that you can wash!). I know that using this is not as great as hand-mopping the floors, but as a mommy, I don’t always have time to get down on my hands and knees to mop. I pour the solution from the Swiffer bottles into the Reveal Mop as needed and when I’ve poured the last bit in, then I know I have a few weeks until I’ll need some more made. I always like to have reserve, so that’s why I have two bottles prepared at once. 🙂 Why put off tomorrow what you can do today?
- I can’t take credit for the recipe. I used several different ones from Pinterest and mixed and matched until I found one I liked that seemed to work well for what I needed.
There you have it! My floor cleaner!